Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Feels nice ... Like never before

Today, the sky takes on a hue like never before,
Sun pouring its rays generously through the windows,
The sound of family banter, cacophonic, yet soothing in a strange way,
The smell of fresh rice, and soup boiling in the kitchen,

Images lying on my bed, all works of art as seen through my mind's eye...captured by my inanimate confidante..
The next surge of creativity dormant in my heart
waiting for a spark to bring it to life...

A book of wisdom lies open to my view on my table,
offering me invisible wealth with every page...
A member of my past, no more a co-worker...
makes a courtesy call... talking of 'new' stories of sweat and survival...
"hmm Just history repeating... " , I muse
.. his words reminding me of a past cherished but not desired again..

A lovely piece of article on my email ...a speech by a wise man far away who has seen what I yearn to ...
as if god sent, to endorse my every thought, every move....
My blog looking back at me from the screen, with nuggets stained with all colours of human thought and emotion, ...

Caught a glimpse of the new me in my mind's mirror ...
This clay moulded into a new form today, after what seems like eons but is not..
Now eagerly waiting for another rebirth...and another..

Yesterday is passe'
Tomorrow will bring something different

But today, this moment, feels nice ... like never before 

No comments:

Post a Comment